Upgrade to 2.6 problems

Hi!

I use Mandake 10 and upgraded to Gnome 2.6 from Cooker a couple of days
ago (when Gnome 2.8 was announced ;-) ).
I used Mandrakelinux Control Center to Install new programs.

I selected the Gnome2* 2.6 packages, gnome-panel, gnome-desktop, gnome-
applets, gnome-session and propably a couple of others that I don't
remember.

I can log in and the 2.6 splash screen is shown and all, but then the
problems start. Most applets won't start, like window-list, clock, and
so on.
Here's what the output is:
The panel encountered a problem while loading
"OAFIID:GNOME_WindowListApplet". Details: Unknown CORBA exception id:
'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0'

The icons on the desktop are there when I'm logged in, but as soon as I
double cklick on "Home folder" or "Computer" or try to launch nautilus
in a terminal, it crashes, and the icons dissapear.
This is what I get when I try to run nautilus:
[henrik kib0012 henrik]$ nautilus
nautilus: symbol lookup error: nautilus: undefined symbol:
eel_preferences_add_auto_string_glist

Does anyone have any ideas about this?
I've searched mailinglists, this forum, and the net but without any
results so far...

I'm starting to think that the problems are due to the fact that I dit
the upgrade while running Gnome 2.4 - and if it is, what can I do now to
fix it?

Thanks!

/Henrik L-N