metacity background image question

I'm still using sun's gnome 2.0 distribution on sparc solaris 8.
The machine has 2 display monitors.

>From what I can tell, users are restricted to using one image on
not only all workspaces, but all workspaces on both monitors.
Has that situation changed in later GNOME releases?

Also, is there a way that a user can dynamically change the background
image?

--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >
Larry W. Virden <mailto:lvirden cas org> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>