desktop-rating

Please see the attached text file.

I compared items from aspects that are most important
in my opinion.

If someone wants to reply me, return an answer like
below in each case:

A. For defending problems:

1- There is a direct way for solving this problem.
2- This issue (will be)/(is already) solved in later
versions.
3- This problem is not planned to be solved!
4- You are wrong at all! we see a different situation.

B. For commenting about virtues:

1- Keeping this advantage is promised.
2- This advantage may decay in later versions.
3- You are wrong at all! we see a different situation.

Bahram Alinezhad,
Tehran, Iran.

http://messenger.yahoo.com/
Konqueror 3.1-12 using KDE 3.1-10
Nautilus 2.2.1 using gnome-desktop-2.2.0.1-4
Red Hat 9.0

|               |         |         |         |         |         |         |
|1* = bad       |         |         |         |         |         |         |
|2* = medium    | Gnome   |  KDE    |Windows  |         |         |         |
|3* = good      |   &     |   &     |   &     |         |         |         |
|4* = excellent |Nautilus |Konqueror|Explorer |         |         |         |
|_______________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|
|               |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| Having        |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| acceptable    |  ***    |   *     |  ****   |         |         |         |
| performance   |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| (speed)       |         |         |         |         |         |         |
|_______________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|
|               |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| Recognizing   |  ***    |   **    |   *     |         |         |         |
| file-types    |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| correctly     |         |         |         |         |         |         |
|_______________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|
|               |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| Speed of      |  ****   |   ***   |  ****   |         |         |         |
| file-copy     |         |         |         |         |         |         |
|_______________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|
|               |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| Getting       |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| "properties"  |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| of files and  |    *    |  ****   |  ****   |         |         |         |
| directories   |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| (specially    |         |         |         |         |         |         |
|  about size)  |         |         |         |         |         |         |
|_______________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|
|               |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| Showing       |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| workgroup     |   **    |    *    |  ****   |         |         |         |
| computers     |         |         |         |         |         |         |
|_______________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|
|               |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| Interface     |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| and being     |    *    |   ****  |   **    |         |         |         |
| customizabe   |         |         |         |         |         |         |
|_______________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|
|               |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| Getting       |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| information   |    *    |   **    |  ****   |         |         |         |
| about devices |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| and drivers   |         |         |         |         |         |         |
|_______________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|
|               |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| Making        |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| simlinks      |    *    |    *    |  ****   |         |         |         |
| (shortcuts)   |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| easily        |         |         |         |         |         |         |
|_______________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|_________|
|               |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| Keeping       |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| the menu bar  |         |         |         |         |         |         |
| other programs|         |         |         |         |         |         |
| (if desired)  |         |         |         |         |         |         |