Yelp 2.4.2 compilation fails, missing references in libxslt.so

Hello!

If this is the wrong mailing list for Yelp compilation errors, please
point me to the proper list.

I am trying to compile Yelp version 2.4.2, but it is failing because of
missing references in libxslt.so.
To be more specific, I have previously installed the latest versions of
libxml, libxslt and libgtkhtml available from ftp.gnome.org's 2.4.2 sources
subdirectory. I have set PKG_CONFIG_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point at
the latest versions. For Yelp, configure runs OK but make gives the
following errors:

/usr/local/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference to `xmlXIncludeProcessFlags'
/usr/local/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference to `xmlIsBaseCharGroup'
/usr/local/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference to `xmlIsDigitGroup'
/usr/local/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference to `xmlDictReference'
/usr/local/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference to `xmlIsCombiningGroup'
/usr/local/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference to `xmlXPathOrderDocElems'
/usr/local/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference to `xmlCharInRange'
/usr/local/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference to `xmlReadFile'
/usr/local/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference to `xmlIsExtenderGroup'
/usr/local/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference to `xmlXPathErr'

These are given for Yelp itself, and for both man2html and info2html.
pkg-config gives version 2.6.4 for libxml-2.0 and version 1.1.2 for libxslt.
Please tell me how I can solve this problem. Do I need a newer version of
libxslt.so or is this a bug in Yelp's usage of libxslt.so?

--