metacity keyboard shortcut question

As I have mentioned in other messages, I'm coordinating the
move of 500 or so users of  OpenWindows to Sun GNOME.
A user asked today how to define keyboard keys that would
move directly to a specific application and give it focus.

For instance, he might want to assign the meta-n keyboard
shortcut to mean "Find the Netscape process and put keyboard
focus in that application".

Now certainly this is a pretty vague kind of request.
However, it's functionality that this user, and some
of the users, have grown to depend on in their environmment,
in which they might have 2-3  dozen applications going
simultaneously and want to warp between applications
spread across a dozen workspaces.
--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >
Larry W. Virden <mailto:lvirden cas org> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>