Re: Kommander for GNOME.

On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 08:40 +0700, Melinda wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 06:37, George Farris wrote:
> > Wow, just saw a cool app in a pclinux article. Kommander.  Anybody
> > working on something like this for GNOME.  It's kind of sad to re-invent
> > the wheel but kommander is based on DCOP.
> >
> > http://dot.kde.org/1087424515/
>
> Yeah, it would be nice if we have one for Gnome desktop.

Anyone want to explain what the hell it is?  Doesn't seem very user
oriented at all, since on both the news article and the program's site
it links to say absolutely nothing useful about the program other than
something about making dialogs and that "it's based on DCOP and can be
scripted."  (Right.  Very useful.  Not a single user in the world cares
how you implemented it.  We what to know what the heck it *does* and why
we should use.)