Gnome-print

Hi all...

I'm a bit confused where the fault lies, so I hope someone points me to
the right crowd:

I ran the fonts-test from gnome-print, and noticed that all fonts where
duplicated. They were found through two paths:

/usr/share/fonts
/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts

As the first is actually a link Slackware installs to the second path, all
fonts are found twice. But, as far as I can detect, only the last path is
defined in

/etc/X11/XF86Config
/etc/X11/fs/config

Again, as far as I can see, no 'xset fp+' commands are in any of the
config files. (xinitrc, etc)

Where did the extra (/usr/share/fonts) path come from?

Thanks,
John