Re: MIME badly broken: Problem Solved!!

As you may have seen in a previous message I had installed gnome in /usr/local/gnome26. It seems, for some reason or another that gnome may expect all mime info to be in /usr/share/mime-info. I have another directory /usr/share/mime also but I don't know if gnome cares about that. Anyway I combined the contents of /usr/share/mime-info into /usr/local/gnome26/share/mime-info and made a link from /usr/local/gnome26/share/mime-info to /usr/share/mime-info and now the MIME types seem to work fine!!. Even my yelp (help) problem was solved! Likewise I also made similar link between /usr/local/gnome26/share/mime and /usr/share/mime.

I am not sure what the root (:)) cause of this problem was but maybe it is the result of the configure file I used to compile the gnome programs:

./configure \
	--prefix=/usr/local/gnome26 \
	--sysconfdir=/etc \
	--localstatedir=/var \
	--x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include \


Error Loading Explorer.exe
You must reinstall Windows.

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]