Re: Deficiency in nautilus or metacity

"Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads cox net> writes:
> When creating a new launcher, a rich set of options are available.  But
> bringing up the properties for an existing launcher, the user is
> presented with a much more restricted functionality, preventing the
> easy modification of certain properties.
>
> I'm wondering what the rationale is for this, whether it's intentional
> or not, and whether or not we may see some enhancement of the launcher
> properties dialog in the future.

I know that I see the same thing in the Sun Solaris 8 GNOME 2.0
distribution.  For instance, during initial creation, I can
set the generic name, a comment, a command and its arguments.
But, when I click right on the desktop launcher, and select
Properties, I can only change the desktop name, none of the
command line arguments, etc.
--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >
Larry W. Virden <mailto:lvirden cas org> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>