Re: Mouse Sensitivity

Evil Kosh wrote:
Open the gnome menu, preferences, select mouse

goto the motion tab, set acceleration to whatever you find it most appropriate, I think if you set to the lowest, there is no acceleration, just because it looks like "slow acceleration" shouldnt put you off from trying this out.

As for disabling it totally and not have it come anywhere in the system, I dont know, perhaps someone with more knowledge can help out on this, might be an X configuration issue.

kosh

David Bouchain wrote:

Hi all!

I'm new to this mailing list and also quite new to GNOME. So please tell me if I did something "wrong". :)

Anyways, I migrated to Linux a couple of months ago, and now I have Debian Sid installed with GNOME 2.4. My question is: is it possible to completely disable the mouse acceleration feature in GNOME? I have not been able to find anything on the web, so I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance,
David

I already tried to change the mouse configuration from the preferences menu. I also tried to set the value manually with gconf. But the sensitivity can't be set to 0, and I even tried negative values, they didn't work either.

What I haven't tried, though, is to change the configuration file directly because I don't know what file to look for.

Anyways, I hope someone can help me!

Regards,
David Bouchain