RE: xfs issues

unstable how? also what kernal are you running and how did you get xfs (patch, built into the kernal, kernal module ...)? I've been running xfs for a while now and I haven't noticed any instability.

We are in the process of changing our terminal servers to Gnome. Since starting to make this change, we have noticed that XFS is very unstable. Is this a known issue? Do you have any suggestions to help with this?

Right now we are testing the addition of "service xfs restart" to cron.daily but I would like to resolve the problem rather than cover it up, if you know what I mean. Then again, band aids aren't always bad :-/
--

Janyne Kizer
Systems Programmer Administrator