Gnome startup questions...

I built Gnome from source, and I have noticed 2 things not working quite
right.

First is that the xscreensaver daemon is not starting when a user logs in. If
you bring up the control center and screensaver properties, it complains that
it is not running, then starts it.

Second is that startup-notification also does not appear to be working.

Maybe the *-devel packages were not installed when I compiled somethings. Any
ideas would be appreciated.

The system is running cAos BETA1 and Gnome-2.4.0.

Thanks!
--
Greg M. Kurtzer
http://runlevelzero.net/