Re: Windows Sart menu key?

On 13/01/04 05:27, David Jackson wrote:
Howdy --
A few people on the Fedora mailing list were "wondering" about support for
the
"start menu" key on M$ keyboard?

I'm not sure exactly what the question is.

Do you want to be able to press the windows key and have the main gnome menu pop up? (I'm not sure how to do that, but it's probably possible; anyone else know?)

Do you want to be able to use the windows key in combination with other keys as a modifier? In things like preferences->keyboard shortcuts it shows up as "<Mod4>" - so you can set, say, "Hide all windows and focus desktop" to "<Mod4>m" to match the windows shortcut. You can also set shortcuts in gconf editor (it's under main menu -> system tools -> more system tools -> configuration editor in Fedora Core 1) using the string <Mod4>.

is that anything like what you wanted to know?

 - Ben
--
"If you made a Venn diagram [of my life], there would be two non-overlapping circles, one of which was labeled, 'Times when I am truly happy' and the other of which was labeled, 'Times when I am logged in as root, holding a cable, or have the case open.' "
 - Jamie Zawinski [jwz.org]