Re: GNOME 2.4 input problem

På Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 10:40:25AM -0500, 0debian user skrev:
> After upgrading from Debian sarge (GNOME 2.2) to Debian sid (GNOME 2.4) I
> can not type input into any of my Gnome apps (gnome-terminal, gedit etc..)
> When i click in a gnome app such as gnome-terminal the cursor does not move
> and no text is produced and I get an audible beep every time I press a key.
> Is this a known bug? How do I fix this? I also was getting console keymap
> problem during upgrade (i solved this by 'loadkeys us' command), is this
> related to my gnome 2.4 problem? I found no error messages relating to this
> gnome problem in /var/log and no message is output when I try to type into
> a gnome app.  I selected Xsession in GDM and was able to use TWM xterm's
> fine without any error so I'm fairly confident this is a Gnome 2.4 problem
> and not an xf4 or wm problem.

I have experienced this problem a couple of times too. The solution is to
use your mouse to open te menu, go to Desktop Prefs, accessibility and
disable slow keys.

Does someone know if this setting has a keycombo toggle or another way to
activate without using the keyboard prefs? I never change this setting but
it still toggles from time to time on my laptop.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl

school's out for me :: school's out for you :: all be nice       -- ladytron