Re: jhbuild failing

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 07:52, Don Raikes wrote:
> Hello list:
>
> I am running redhat advanced server 3, and want to build gnome 2.4 on
> it.
>
> I checked out jhbuild from cvs, and ran make on it.
>
> I copied the jamesh.jhbuildrc file to ~/.jhbuildrc and modified the
> cvsroot line for gnome to use anonymous anoncvs gnome org
>
> I also modified the checkout and install paths.
>
> When I ran
>
> jhbuild build gnome-desktop
>
> I got a number of errors in the autogen stage of libxml2 (see below).

OK, you forgot to attach the error output, but fortunately we can read
minds. :-)

Automake-1.8 has some problems with libxml at the moment. The easiest
solution is to change the $prefix/bin/automake link to point to
automake-1.7 instead of automake-1.8. This should cause no damage
anywhere else.

Cheers,
Malcolm