GConf 2.4.0.1 - Make Install Recursive Error

I’m new to Gnome, and in fact this is my first from the ground up build of this desktop.  I’m trying to install Gnome 2.4 and I am having nothing but problems with the GConf source.  It configures with “./configure” just fine, make runs perfectly, but it won’t run “make install” without a recursive error on the Doc directory…

The error is cannot stat ‘./html/index.sgml’: No Such file or directory

Attached is the config.log file showing the error.

I would really like to get this new Gnome up and running so ANY help is appreciated…

"make install" for GConf fails like this:

make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
/bin/sh ../../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/share/gtk-doc/html/gconf
(installfiles=`echo ./html/*`; \
if test "$installfiles" = './html/*'; \
then echo '-- Nothing to install' ; \
else \
for i in $installfiles; do \
echo '-- Installing '$i ; \
/usr/bin/ginstall -c -m 644 $i /usr/local/share/gtk-doc/html/gconf; \
done; \
echo '-- Installing ./html/index.sgml' ; \
/usr/bin/ginstall -c -m 644 ./html/index.sgml /usr/local/share/gtk-doc/html/gconf; \
fi)
-- Installing ./html/home.png
-- Installing ./html/left.png
-- Installing ./html/right.png
-- Installing ./html/up.png
-- Installing ./html/index.sgml
/usr/bin/ginstall: cannot stat `./html/index.sgml': No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [install-data-local] Error 1
<<<

In doing some research about this problem, running “”./configure –disable-gtk-doc”” should fix this problem, but I’m not sure I’m doing it right.  Is this configure syntax correct?  There was another person on the list in September 03 with the same problem, but all efforts to find updates on the issue have come up empty.  Again any help is appreciated.  Thanks

William Sauter

ewss pclus com