Re: Gnome is very slow

I just checked and ps aux | grep ssh returns  'ssh-agent' but ps aux | grep
sshd returns grep sshd.  The daemon isnt running but the client is. For now
its more likely that I would need a secure connenction established from the
other end.  It is unlikely that I would be establishing a ssh connection for
some time.

> > > Only results are from top.
> >
> > You can just type "uptime", incidentally.
> >
> > > I could not locate .gnomere-errors. .xsession-errors I intended to
> attach,
> > > however I was unable to transfer to either floppy or to a CD.  There
> were
> > > two warnings listed both repeated a number of times.  As follows:
> > > Warning **: No handler for control sewujence 'device-control-string'
> defined
> > > (this was repeater a number of times)>20
> > > Warning **: Attempt to set invalid NRC map I(repeated 2 times)
> > > Warning **:[invalid UTYF-8] invalid NRC map I (1 time)
> > > Warning **: Attempt to set invalid  NRC map I (1 time)
> > > I dont know what happened to k3b it worked previously.
> >
> > Many of the Gnome and Gtk programs are very chatty: they will
> > record a lot of information. As a general rule, warnings are
> > not important unless you're a hacker trying to tidy things up.
> > Errors are more important, and "critical" tends to mean "can't
> > even run".
> >
> Thanks you are very informative I'll check when I can.

Regards;
Hoyt