newbie's UI problems

Hello.

// This is a repost from the debian-user mailing list; nobody
// answered me there, so I thought I'll try here instead.

I have a couple of questions regarding the GNOME UI (I'm running Debian
unstable; not fully grasping the whole desktop manager/window manager
thing yet, but I belive it's Metacity here):

1. Is there a way to tell GNOME not to antialias fonts in a certain
range of sizes? Currently I have to resort to KDE's kcontrol to turn the
antialiasing off in the 6-12 pt range... [After some googling I've found
out I should ry editing /etc/fonts/local.conf - is this the right path?]

2. Importing full GTK2 themes works (at least I managed to get the
Glossy P[1] theme simply by downloading it and clicking "install theme"
in the theme manager), but I don't know how to install an icon set. I'd
like to have the Tux 'n' Tosh[2] icons, but clicking "install theme"
doesn't seem to work in this case (clicking it and pointing to the Tux
'n' Tosh archive somehow removed the Industrial icon set, though).

3. How can I change the window title font? This option is grayed
out in the font settings (but I think it wasn't when I executed
gnome-font-properties from KDE).

4. Is there a way to use the "fixed" font in gnome-terminal? The font
dialog doesn't show it, as it's not a TrueType font, but I got used to
Eterm's -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-120-75-75-c-60-iso8859-2
very much...

[1] http://art.gnome.org/themes/gtk2/571.php
[2] http://art.gnome.org/themes/icon/529.php

Cheers,
-- Shot (Piotr Szotkowski)
--
.--- http://shot.pl/ --- http://shot.pl/hovercraft/ --- -- -
| I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not very good.

----- End forwarded message -----

Pozdrav
-- Shot
--