Re: How to use gksu to safely run a non-open-source application?

GSR - FR wrote:

brmdamon aci on ca (2004-12-28 at 1348.45 -0500):
It seems that X has facilities to keep unwanted users from connecting - but a user that is connected has complete access. So my project of allowing a hostile user to put a window on my desktop cannot be done safely.

Maybe using Xnest?
Xnest looks interesting. However, I haven't been able to get to work on my system.

Xnest :1  in a terminal window makes an Xnest window appear,

but if I open another terminal window and enter

xterm -display :1

I get the result

Xlib: No protocol specified
xterm Xt error: Can't open display: :1

Looks like another X authentication problem.