Imlib and GnomeCanvas

Hi,

I have a question about the GnomeCanvas.

In Pennington's GGAD, "Preparing the GnomeCanvas Widget", he
says to use the following

  GtkWidget* canvas;
  gtk_widget_push_visual(gdk_imlib_get_visual());
  gtk_widget_push_colormap(gdk_imlib_get_colormap());
  canvas = gnome_canvas_new();
  gtk_widget_pop_visual();
  gtk_widget_pop_colormap();

This procedure is also followed by Peter Wright (canvas1.c in Ch. 15)

Regarding gtk_widget_push_visual, the gtk-manual says that it is
deprecated (and does nothing), hence should not be used in
newly-written code.

Regarding gdk_imlib_get_colormap, I get a compilation error (for
canvas1.c) with CFLAGS = `pkg-config --cflags libgnomeui-2.0`

   undefined reference to `gdk_imlib_get_colormap'

This function is not in the GDK 2.5.4 Reference Manual, even under
the Index of deprecated symbols. In fact, I see no references to
any gdk_imlib_ functions. Is Imlib gone from Gtk/Gnome?

Michael