Re: Gnome Settings Daemon failure, revisited

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 14:35 -0600, michal cvu wustl edu wrote:
> Hello
>
> I already reported this problem earlier
> (http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-November/msg04365.html).
>
> The affected platform is Fedora Core 3 i686  2.6.9-1.681_FC3
> and Gnome 2.8.0.
>
> Since then I backed up my personal files, deleted my account and created
> my account, again. I have restored some files and everything worked OK for
> 10 days.  Today, after rebooting FC3 and login to my account I got the
> familiar window with message

[...]

> One hint which may help to resolve this problem is in the file
> xses-michal.S1GOvo found in /tmp directory. Here is its content.
>
> /etc/X11/gdm/PreSession/Default: Registering your session with wtmp and utmp
> /etc/X11/gdm/PreSession/Default: running: /usr/bin/X11/sessreg -a -w
> /var/log/wtmp -u /var/run/utmp -x "/var/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h "" -l ":0"
> "michal"
> warning: /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/92xprint-xpserverlist does not end in
> .sh extension, ignoring
> Agent pid 3489
>
> SESSION_MANAGER=local/ml-cvu.wustl.edu:/tmp/.ICE-unix/3459
> Warning: program compiled against libxml 206 using older 204
> Warning: program compiled against libxml 206 using older 204

Someething was compiled for a version of libxml and wants another
version. If you are using only FC3 packages, then this is a problem with
the FC3 packages.
I have no idea why this would only happen with some users, though.

-- m

--
Mariano Suárez-Alvarez <mariano gnome org>
http://www.gnome.org/~mariano