Icon of Applications menu

Hallo,

Is it possible to change the Icon of the default Programs menu?
I think a free program should be able to do so in a 'normal' way...
Not as in Windows to change the shell32 dll icons and update the system ;)

I also can't manage to get alsa to work with my Debian/Gnome system on my 2.4.19 kernel without OSS support... I installed libesd-alsa0 but esd gives some errors... If you think you know the answer to this question, mail me and I'll send you a detailed report of what I did (I have done so earlier but noone responded!).

Please respond in English or Dutch

Regards,
Jouke