Re: Desktop lost icons and font size

This is because of differences in icon themes between version of GNOME I
think. Same thing happened when I upgraded to version 2.4 from 2.2 on
redhat 7.3...

Try selecting a different icon theme: Run gnome-theme-manager and click
on 'Theme Details' and then on the 'icons' tab..

Hope this helps..

Daniel