Re: What goes wrong with glib?

On Sat, 2004-08-14 at 09:03 -0700, Bahram Alinezhad wrote:
> I install the package "glib-2.4.2.tar.bz2" according
> to instructions and installation becomes complete
> without any errors; Then, I want to install
> "pango-1.4.0.tar.bz2" and it returns the error that
> "glib 2.4.0 or later is required". I ran "ldconf" but
> had no effect!
>
> I am using RedHat 9.0.

I've seen this happen where an RPM of glib was previously installed, but
not glib-devel. When a later glib is compiled and installed, remnants of
the old RPM installation along side a shiny new glib-2.0 pkgconfig file
seem to confuse things.

I'd suggest removing the RPM of glib and reinstalling the source of
2.4.2.

Mike