Re: Gnome 2 (under Solaris 9) and font size for Netscape 7

Dear Rainer,

the answer to your Q1 is :-

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 15:52, Rainer Blaes wrote:
> Dear all,
> we are running Gnome 2 (downloaded from Sun's Download Center)
> under Solaris 9.
>
> 1. Under $USER_HOME/.dt/sessionslogs/hostname_DISPLAY=:0
>    there are messages like:
>    Unable to open desktop file applications:///netscape.desktop
>    for panel launcher: Error reading file 'applications:///netscape.desktop':
>    File not found
>    From where does this message come?

for per user

 /home/<user>/.gnome2/vfolders/applications/*.desktop

while for the system wide it is(pls descend into the subdirectories to
see *.desktop)

/var/lib/
/etc/X11/
/usr/share/
/usr/local/

while the entries in it is like

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Categories=Application;Game;X-Red-Hat-Extra;
X-Desktop-File-Install-Version=0.2
Name=Tux Racer
Description=Race your penguin down an alpine slope
Exec=tuxracer
Terminal=0
Type=Application
Icon=/usr/share/tuxracer/tuxracer.png

for a Well Known Linux based game TUXRACER the location of the file is

/var/lib/menu/kde/Applications/Games/MoreGames/net-tuxracer.desktop

hope this will help you to make "netscape.desktop" entry yourself!! and
will solve your problem atlest Q1 ;)

while i am not using netscape instead Mozilla/Opera for web browsing
though as far as i know mozilla is actually netscape mut the command to
run it from terminal is ?? for mozilla it is "mozilla" so you need to
give that command to

Exec=		parameter

regards,

bimal