other users menu

hi,

I usually run other user's applications (root, for instance) in my gnome desktop. I want to know if there is a way to make appear the second user's menu in the screen. This way i could launch the applications from this menu instead of writing the commands in the shell. Of course that i don't want to replace the original user's menu. I wan't both on the screen.

If i open the gnome-terminal, use "su" to change to the other user, and execute "gnome-panel", it shows a new panel in the screen. It works but takes too much space and is displayed in all the workspaces...

(This could also be used to execute applications in other computers, connected using ssh!)

i'm using gnome-2.2.0

daniel