Re: ISO: method for windows to stay where they are put

In gconf, try setting the following to false:

   /apps/metacity/general/auto_raise

(Of course, things like this are why I'm still holding on to Sawfish; it
lets me set things just as I want them (guess I'm just old and set in my
ways))

Tim.

On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 13:55, Larry W. Virden wrote:
> I'm assisting a number of users in moving from older desktops to GNOME.
> Metacity is the only window manager which they are going to have available.
>
> One of the requests that has come in is whether there is some method of
> telling metacity to not be so helpful with window position.
>
> That is to say - the user wishes to place his windows in a particular
> stacking order, and doesn't want the window manager to 'helpfully' raise
> the window when he selects text in the window, or pastes into the window,
> etc.
>
> I've been unable to locate any settings that would allow him to operate
> in such a fashion.
                                                      Timothy E. Peoples
                                                   Have Camel, Will Code
                                                         tim toolman org