Window manager warning: Broken client ...

Hello all:
Just installed Slackware 9.1 and Gnome 2.4 and love
it. But I get this warning message in the xterm after
starting Gnome (by typing gnome-session):

"Window manager warning: Broken client! Window
0x40000e (login) changed client leader window or SM
client ID"

I'm just curious why I get the above message.
Everything else (Slackware, Gnome, etc.) works just
fine.

Thanks and regards to all,
Serge.
sergematovic yahoo com