SPARC Solaris 8 and GNOME 2.0

System admins at my site require staff to make use of software as shipped
by the vendor.  Therefore, right now, I am constrained to use GNOME 2.0,
as that is the most recent version Sun ships for Solaris 8.

An issue that has arisen has to do with session saving.  Currently, when
a user logs off of a GNOME login session and select the indicator that they
wish to save the current set of windows sizes/colors/locations on virtual
desktop and specific display to be saved, GNOME saves _some_ information.
However, it does not save information regarding which virtual desktop
or video display the process was using.

This results in the user having to sort through the processes at
the next login and reassign, resize, etc.

One user mentioned this morning that he had to sort through 60
windows.

That's a bit excessive.

Is anyone aware of modifications available that a user could make
to enable GNOME to store enough information to not have to sort
through all of this during the next login?
--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >
Larry W. Virden <mailto:lvirden cas org> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>