Managing menus in gnome.

I have a problem i could use a direction on.I am an admin at a school
here in sweden. I have set up a linux box as a terminal server and it is
working very well with gnome on the desktops. We are showing this
solution to other schools in about two weeks so i want everything to be
nice and perky until then. I have only stumbled upon one problem and i
realize that i need some direction for information after having combed
the net for indept info about gnome.

I want to be able to hide some apps and folders that are in the main
menu on the desktop (the foot). I havent found any sane way of doing
that. I have found many ways on how to add apps but next to nothing
about how i can hide them. If i just now all places where Gnome searches
for the links for the menu it would be easy to hide them.

Cheers

Daniel Hedblom