Re: Problems with 2.4 and hiding panels

Hi Riccardo!

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Riccardo Gusso wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> after upgrade to Gnome 2.4 on my Debian box, the panel that were set to
> auto-hide don't appear any more; even if you hide a panel manually with
> the buttons, then it doesn't appear anymore (but in this case loggin out
> and in again does the job).
> >From .xsession-errors I get this message:
>
> ** (gnome-panel:15373): CRITICAL **: file panel-toplevel.c: line 4212
> (panel_toplevel_set_auto_hide_size): assertion `auto_hide_size > 0'
> failed
>
> Is this a known bug, or is it only peculiar to Debian binaries?

If this error message is the reason for your problem, it seems that the
auto_hide_size setting of your panel seems to be equal to or less then 0.
The auto_hide_size determines the size of your panel when it is
hidden.
You can edit this value in the System Configuration editor.
Unfortunately I do not have gnome24 installed right now so I can't tell
exactly where to edit it.

Axel Siebenwirth