Re: gnome-term / vte + gnu screen problem

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 02:34, Mariano Suarez-Alvarez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 04:12, Zarick Lau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > gnome-terminal is the term I've used most of the time, but when used
> > with screen, I found that, I can't change the keybinding.
> >
> > By default, ctrl+A is used to start key chain in screen.
> >
> > with xterm, I can rebind a 'alt-`' to ^a
> >
> > but I don't know what can I do in gnome-termin..
> >
> > btw, is there any way to solve this, whater hints are welcome,
>
> What exactly is it that you want to do?

Sorry for my poor english !

By default, screen use 'ctrl+a' as the control seq for screen command.
e.g. 'ctrl+a w' is switch region in  screen

>From screen config, I can configure to use 'ctrl+b' instead of 'ctrl+a'
but cannot use other meta key (as it is a terminal progs but not X)

But I'd like to have a way to use 'alt' instead of 'ctrl'

in xterm I use the following cfg in .Xdefaults to translate a
alt+` (alt + backquote) to a normal 'ctrl+a' event
so that I can use alt+` in screen

*VT100.Translations: #override \
        Mod1 <KeyPress>`: string(0x01) \n

and my question is :
can I can similar thing in gnome-terminal?

Regards,
Zarick