Re: Metacity and gnome and startX and... whatever

Hi!

At 19:31 28.05.2003 -0400, you wrote:
On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 08:10:35PM +0200, Tobias Pfeiffer wrote:
> Help me, I want that damned gnome thing; I've spent days of downloading
> everything I needed and invested so much time in all
> that... please!!

Don't run metacity from startx; just run gnome-session

So what should I specify for my favourite windowmanager? In the ~/.xinitrc I now made gnome-session a windowmanager, so that it starts instead of metacity, but now it's gconf-sanity-check that takes up the 99% of CPU power and still nothing happens. Can I maybe use gdm somehow? (But trying this hasn't worked either so far...)

Usually you can just put gnome-session in ~/.Xclients (remember to
chmod +x ~/.Xclients)

Ok...

Thanks and bye
Tobias

Fight ECHELON: http://fly.hiwaay.net/~pspoole/echelon.html
PGP Public Key for botedesschattens web de on europe.keys.pgp.com:11370