Re: A question about Evolution

On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 18:25, Jan wrote:

> However: I quite like the Evolution mail client, except for two things.
>
> 1) It insists on displaying/interpreting HTML formatted emails, which I
> find is a pain, what with all the pr0n spams etc. Is there a way to turn
> off HTML display in Evolution, like you can in eg. Mozilla's mail?

You should be able to click on TOOLS => SETTINGS and then go through the
options for composing and viewing email - you CAN choose to NOT load
images from the internet - which helps greatly in reducing "spam read
time" - but if someone does send you and HTML or RTF formatted email, it
will view it. When you reply, however, your reply will be in text as
opposed to HTML or RTF...

> 2) It also insists on using an 'HTML editor' when I write email, which I
> dislike. I just want to write plain text without anything fancy, and I
> want to feel certain that I only write text - like in vi. Is there a
> setting to control this?

That's one of the settings you can change in the COMPOSER options
dialogue.

You might want to go to the Ximian site and get on the Evolution email
list for further information - as well, though, there are heaps of
documentation ON the Ximian site for Evolution...

(www.ximian.com)

--
Fri May 16 19:10:00 EST 2003
 19:10:00 up 4 days, 19 min,  3 users,  load average: 0.19, 0.22, 0.13

The phase that is not detected by the generator's transfer panel will always be the one to fail
		-- Murphy's Laws of Broadcast Engineering n5