Gnome resize problem and mdi problem

Dear all,

I am new to writing the Gnome UI, plz help me with the issue below.

Everytime I run the program, the window is so small that it can't
display everything. I will to resize it by using mouse everytime.
How can I set the size of the window in the program??

My program is like that:

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
  GnomeMDIGenericChild *mdiChild1, *mdiChild2;

  gnome_init(PACKAGE, VERSION, argc, argv);
  mdi = GNOME_MDI(gnome_mdi_new(PACKAGE, "Application"));
  gnome_mdi_set_menubar_template(mdi, mdi_menubar);

  //set the mdi content//

  gtk_main();
}

Also, I can't set the child1 as the active view. Everytime I run
the program, the child2 is displayed. Is that any function for
setting the child1 to be displayed when the program is run??

Thank you.

Wai