gnome-terminal + fixed-misc + jap. symbols

hi,

i'm using fixed-misc-14 in my gnome-terminal.

look at this textfile:
http://rt.sk/~gabor/jap-utf-8.txt

if you open it in 'gedit' you see 3 japanese symbols.

but if i do a 'less jap-utf-8.txt' in gnome-terminal i only see 3 small
rectangles (as if there aren't any glyphs for those symbols in
fixed-misc).
if i select luxi-mono as my terminal-font, the jap. symbols are
correctly shown.

but if i do the same in konsole ( kd3 terminal app ) ( i mean if i
select fixed-misc-14 in konsole), it shows the japanese symbols
correctly.

where could the problem with gnome-terminal be?

thanks,
gabor