Re: metacity and ctrl-alt-del

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 02:07:30PM -0400, Paul Raines wrote:
> >
> > How do I prevent metacity from trapping the ctrl-alt-del key sequence
> > so that I can use vncviewer again?
> >

> It should be in Preferences -> Keyboard shortcuts or you can dig it
> out of gconf-editor or with gconftool from the command line.

Nope, not in the list for the Keyboard Shortcuts.

Odd, shows up in the gconf-editor under /apps/metacity/global_keybindings
as 'run_commmand_1', whatever that is supposed to be.  I set it to
'disabled'.  I no longer get the logout dialog but I still cannot get
vncviewer to recognize a ctrl-alt-del. If I kill metacity and run sawfish
instead, it works.  BUt with sawfish, all sorts of other things break like
the background and workspaces. At least, it does not remember the settings
between sessions.

> > Also, is there any way to get it to move windows by outline rather
> > than opaque?
>
> Nope.
>
> These questions would be better asked on gnome-list gnome org,
> there are more people there to help answer.

Is there no list just for metacity?  Seems inefficient.

Anyway, that was more a feature request then, I guess.

Paul Raines                   email: raines nmr mgh harvard edu
MGH/MIT/HMS Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
149 (2301) 13th Street        tel:(617)-724-2369
Charlestown, MA 02129	USA   fax:(617)-726-7422