Re: japanese input, english menus?

AJ> Hi,
AJ> I can only do both: change menu language from
AJ> english to japanese and enable input for japanese
AJ> characters (xim / kinput2).

AJ> How can I keep the english language for
AJ> everything, but enable input of japanese
AJ> characters? All tutorials on the net change
AJ> LANG or LC_MESSAGES to ja_JP,
AJ> but I don't want that.

Well, the locale is a mechanism which provides something
like that as long as you play around in Linux and BSD. and
all translations are separated in
/usr/share/locale/<whatever>. I don't think you can see
Japanese translation without that. you need to set LC_CTYPE
or LC_MESSAGES to ja_JP at least.

Regards,
--
Akira TAGOH  : tagoh gnome gr jp  / Japan GNOME Users Group
at gclab org : tagoh gnome-db org / GNOME-DB Project