Opaque window move in Metacity

Hello,

I'm trying to get Slackware 9.0 with Dropline GNOME working on my
Toshiba Tecra 8000 laptop (PII-233, 160 MB blah blah). Most of the stuff
works now, but the vga-drivers for the built-in NeoMagic videoboard
(standard XFree86 SVGA drivers) are terribly slow, too slow for any
eye-candy.

So I searched for an option to disable opaque window moving, but
couldn't find any. How can I disable it anyway? Is it an option in X or
in the windowmanager?

Bart