gnome-terminal - nothing shows

I just upgraded to RH-9, using a hard drive sent to me by a friend in
Silicon Valley.  All is going well, except for the gnome-terminal:  I
can start one, but it comes up blank, and does not seem to accept
input.  No error messages appear when I start it from a command line in
an xterm, but neither does it respond.  Has anyone seen this sort of
behavior, and can you suggest any repairs?

My guess is that it's something as simple as s LOCALE or font problem,
but so far I'm baffled.  The rest of my gnome2 installation seems to be
working fine.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

--
--Jeff

Jeff Trefftzs <trefftzs tcsn net>
http://www.tcsn.net/trefftzs			Home Page