Re: gdm error message

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 02:14:02PM +1000, Paul Szabo wrote:
> I now see the exact same messages, for hosts/terminals running XWin32 on
> Windows2000, about once per hour while ever XWin32 is running. Those
> terminals should not access the GDM host logging the message at all and
> should not broadcast anything, but do an XDMCP "query" connection to some
> other server.
>
> Should I simply ascribe this to a bug in XWin32 and ignore these messages?

Likely.  Perhaps win2000 may be using the port for something else too.  Or
perhaps they have extended the xmdcp spec somehow (I doubt they would).
I would feel free an ignore it then.  I you feel adventurous you could do a
packet sniffer and see what exactly they are sending.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it.