How do I reinstall/re-initialize my gnome2 desktop?

I tried upgrading to the latest Ximiam gnome desktop.
I was upgrading from a version of gnome2 provided by
Redhat 9.

After the upgrade Gnome could no longer find my the
window manager, and as a result would not run.

How can I reinstall or reinitialize the ximiam gnome
desktop to the equivalent of the initial installed
state?   I want to get it back to its initial working
state.