Re: saving/exporting GNOME Panel 2.2.0.1

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 11:07:59PM -0700, Michael Kuhlen wrote:

> I'm running GNOME 2.2.0 on RH9. My question concerns the GNOME Panel
> 2.2.0.1.
>
> I would like to know whether it is possible to save and export panels to
> another computer. If this is possible, how do I do it?
>
> On my laptop I'm running two panels (one edge, one corner) with many
> buttons, drawers, and launchers on them. Now I would like to have the
> identical setup on my desktop. Will tar'ing up the .gnome2 directory on my
> laptop and untar'ing it on my desktop have the desired effect? (Both
> computers are running RH9 and GNOME 2.2.0). Would copying the
> .gnome2/panel2.d directory be enough? What if some of the applications
> launched from the panel on my laptop don't exist on my desktop?

gconftool in CVS has a --dump/--load feature you could use to copy
/apps/panel tree from the gconf database. (Copying the files
in ~/.gconf/apps/panel probably works too.)

Then there are some .desktop files in ~/.gnome2/panel2.d that you also
need to get. That should cover it.

Havoc