Re: CD burning in GNOME

Hi,

I think nautilus has by default a CD-burning module in gnome 2.2 (by I
have not tried myself). However, I think it is only for basic
operations, like copy data on a CD. I have read that it is still not
able to blank a CD-RW. It does the same kind of thinks like the file
manager in Windows XP.

For a complete CD-burning program, you have the choice between xcdroast,
gcombust and gnome-toaster that are all written in GTK. I don't know if
they have been ported to GTK2.
I have not extensively tested, but I find that xcdroast is good for
Audio CD and for copy on-the-fly. Gtoaster is good to copy data and to
blank CD-RW.

Try yourself.

        Frédéric