ordering in window list applet?

[please cc me on responses, as not subscribed to list]

is there any real logic to how things get ordered in the panel?  It
seems related to the ordering of starting (first time that is, as even
if quit and restart, its in the same place).

it seems fairly "weird" to me, in gnome 1.4 it seemed to do it normally
(as in ordered as how you opened the windows)

it's been bugging me for a while, and finally got around to asking why.

thanks,

shaya