file types and applications

Hello all,

 I'm noticing in the gnome2.2 rc1 the file-types application capplet
thingy not only hasn't changed a bit UI-wise (which, honestly, sucks),
but it's also just as buggy if not buggier than it was in 2.0.  Since
I'm guessing this probably isn't going to change by the time 2.2 is out,
are there plans to get this fixed up in 2.2.1 or 2.2.2?  The thing is
honestly unusable, at all.  If it manages to work without crashing, then
it generally either ignores/forgets my changes, or changes the
setting(s) to something totally different and unrelated entirely.  Quite
irritating...