Re: Laptop and hard drive spin in GNOME 2.x

Hi:
     I'm the guy with the same problem. To see if we are right, can you
take a look to your gconfd-2 process and see if it increases is size every
certain time?. In my laptop, when I start, gconfd-2 has 6 Mb aprox. After 5
hours of work, it has been increased to 44 Mb or so. I'm trying to see
where can be the problem, but I can asure that with other computers (
workstations, no laptops ) this problems doesn't exist. Have you the clock
applet active? Can you remove it from panel and see if the amount of disk
access time is minor?

Regards

George Farris <george gmsys com>@gnome.org con fecha 16/01/2003 05:06:35
a.m.

Enviado por:   gnome-list-admin gnome org

Destinatarios:     Gnome list <gnome-list gnome org>
CC:

Asunto:   Re: Laptop and hard drive spin in GNOME 2.x

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 19:55, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 07:30:49PM -0800, George Farris wrote:
> > I have RH8.0 installed on my laptop and when logged into my desktop
> > (GNOME) the drive light blips very 5 seconds or so.  I remember someone
> > else reporting this.  Is there a known problem here?
>
> This could be as simple as the fact that you are using an ext3
> filesystem, so it goes to disk every five seconds.
>
> Malcolm

Except when I logout of GNOME it settles down quite nicely.  I'll do
some more prices tests but I do know that when logged in it's a constant
blip on the drive.

--
George Farris <george gmsys com>