compiling nautilus on gnome 2

I have tried to compile various versions of nautilus
on gnome 2. None of them will compile for me.

Here is an error I get when compiling nautilus-2.1.5:

../libnautilus-private/.libs/libnautilus-private.so: undefined reference
to `gnome_help_display_desktop_with_env'
../libnautilus-private/.libs/libnautilus-private.so: undefined reference
to `gnome_help_display_with_doc_id_and_env' Fred
../libnautilus-private/.libs/libnautilus-private.so: undefined reference
to `gnome_url_show_with_env' Error Loading Explorer.exe You must reinstall
Windows. ../libnautilus-private/.libs/libnautilus-private.so: undefined
reference to `gnome_help_display_uri_with_env' collect2: ld returned 1
exit status
make[3]: *** [nautilus] Error 1

I cannot seem to find the library that has these missing
functions.  Does anyone know which library they are in?

Fred