Re: Starting some script when gnome2 comes up

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 04:13, dballester kernpharma com wrote:
>      Sorry if this is a newbie question, but I'm lost. I wanna start some

Don't be sorry!

> commands ( open office quickstart ) at least one time when gnome comes up,
> after gdm login. Where can I put the shell? I suppose that all gnome
> related stuff at start up is executed from a shell script, or at least,
> calling a program. Can I put my own script at the end of this suppoused
> program or script?

Yes, there are a number of ways to do it.

I would recommend using the Gnome way.

It's part of the session startup which can be found in Applications >
Desktop Preferences > advanced > Sessions.

The third tab is called Startup Programs so just add your shell script
to that.

Don't forget to make your script executable.

--
* Simon Wong *