Re: no more right click + drag?

On 16 Feb 2003, George Farris wrote:

> > > I think much of this has completely missed the point.  People with
> > > disabilities such as missing fingers on the mouse hand or other issues
> > > can find things like this difficult, thats why we need to have it
> > > configurable.
> >
> > I use my index finger for left and middle click.
> > If I had missing fingers, that would be annoying, but wouldn't affect my
> > mouse usage. Indeed.. I could probably use 3 mouse buttons all with only
> > 1 finger.
>
> Well it's painfully obvious you've never instructed a room full of
> disabled people before.  Many people with disabilities don't have just
> missing members but also loss of function in some way.  When you have
> these types of things you must be able to configure your pointing device
> so it fits you, period.

Drag and drop is a "shortcut" though. We're always (should at least)
exposing a other way to do everything. So disabled people can use that.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a genetically engineered white trash matador with a secret. She's an
orphaned cigar-chomping snake charmer who believes she is the reincarnation of
an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!